harpcolumn

practical news, for practical harpists

Forums » Coffee Break » Transposing app or program

About Forums

Welcome to the Harp Column forums. Please read the Terms and Conditions before posting. By using this forum, you agree to adhere to these terms.

Want to add links or emphasis to your posts? Read the Harp Column blog about posting shortcuts.

Transposing app or program

• Faye
    Faye Fishman

Hi-is there an app or program where you can scan in music and it will transpose it?
    Thanks

- Sign in to comment
    replies to "Transposing app or program"
    • Angela
      Angela Biggs

Finale is supposed to do this, but I spent several hours trying to make it work this week - and it didn't. I'd love to know if there's a reliable program, too!

- Sign in to comment
    • Sid
      Sid Humphreys

It can be done with the full version of Finale, or so I've been told. I have the full version but you must first white out the title and all other characters that aren't music as this confuses the program

- Sign in to comment
    • Barbara
      Barbara Brundage

OCR for music is slowly improving but I still find it faster to manually enter a piece from scratch than to fix what happens when you scan.

- Sign in to comment
    • Faye
      Faye Fishman

Thanks so much (and entering it from scratch was what I was hoping to avoid). And Barbara-hope I have the right person, but l think you had the info on forScore and the iPad. Very helpful.

- Sign in to comment